not anything going on here

  • Clayton Palmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
      I havent seen as much as one post since i wrote in on Saturday
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
        I will post more trip reports as time permits, but I owe "the man" a lot of work these days, so I'm a bit backlogged prcoessing photos. I unfortunately won't be back in the area again for several months!

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 20, 2009
          I'll be in the area for a week starting Saturday. Some canyon on the west side (from St. George) on Sat and pick up permit at the Kolob VC for the Subway on Sunday.

          Anyone have any current conditions or politics on Karraville's slot?

          After moving to Tanya's motel and a permit for Oderville on Tuesday and the rest of the time will be doing this and that (of which there are plenty!) in east Zion.

          Looking forward to getting up early in the morning!
        • Shaun
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 21, 2009

            Last I heard the road is now gated. Don't park infront of the gate or along the street to the gate or you will be towed. Instead park at the city office and hike from there.

            Believe the site is up to date.

            http://www.zionnational-park.com/kanarra-creek.htm

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 22, 2009
              Do keep us posted on your adventures! Since I'm trapped in work world, I will live vicariously through you. I meant to mention that I'm glad you had a good Pweap hike! Even though it didn't quite go as you planned, that probably makes for the more interesting stories and memories. (My wife and I still laugh about our grueling 17-hour day hike through Pweap...)

              I'd like to hear what you see in Kanarraville. I have been up the creek twice, last time in 2006 right after it was written up in a local paper. It was PACKED with people! Adding that extra mile of an approach hike should hopefully cut back on too many people. It's been a year, I wonder if things are better? -Joe