El Gobernador

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 14, 2009
      I got an early Fathers Day gift of an old postcard from roughly the 1920s when the Union Pacific railroad was promoting travel to the park. Caption:

      El Gobernador (The Governor) was named in honor of former Governor William Spry of Utah, the title being suggested by Douglas White, former Publicity Agent of the Los Angeles & Salt Lake Railroad. Prior to this it was known as "The Great White Throne."

      Hmmmm.... looks like history preferred the old name. :)