Re: Need help with route

  • jeff branin
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 9, 2009
      Under Photos in the Canaan Mtn album I posted one photo I took of Parunuweap from near the end of Crawford Wash. Crawford Wash is the next drainage to the east of Gifford.

      Not sure if this is the vista point you're seeking. Took me 135 minutes to reach from rt 9. No trail. hike up Clear Creek from jct with Pine. After 10 minutes or so, turn right leaving Clear Creek and following smaller wash south. When this wash veers east toward impassable pouroff, continue south over or on side of slickrock dome, arrive at pass, continue south now descending into Crawford Wash. Should take an hour to get to the pass and then another hour or so of hiking thru Crawford until it abruptly ends at a pouroff. Continue another 100 yards up the right/west side of this dropoff for views into/across P-weap.

      Haven't exited Gifford for views of P-weap, so unable to compare if views might be better there.