Re: First time to Zion National Park

  • Tom Jones
    Message 1 of 2 , May 23, 2009
      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "kegg45" <kegg45@...> wrote:

      > My family and I are renting an RV and want to camp near Zion and
      > hike and adventure in the area. Our kids are 10 and 9, what trails
      > are the best for us? what camp grounds are around?

      If you want to camp near Zion, then why are you renting an RV????

      Ha ha, just having fun with you!

      BEST place to RV Camp is IN the park, in South Campground (first come, first serve) or Watchman Campground (by reservation only). Here's the link for that:

      http://www.recreation.gov/campgroundSearchResult.do?topTabIndex=CampingSpot

      There's also plenty of commercial places to park the RV, in Springdale and elsewhere nearby, including in Virgin and in Mount Carmel Junction. Springdale is really the most convenient.

      There's a ton of great hiking, your best online resource is this:

      http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-national-park-hiking.htm

      You give me very little information to work with, but the usual classics are The Narrows, Angels Landing Trail, and the Observation Point Trail/Hidden Canyon Trail; all of which are mind-blowing. That's a good place to start. How long are you staying? I'm going on 11 years myself, and still finding new things to do...