BLM Sale Puts Parks at Risk

  • halong551
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 8, 2008
      Hi All,

      I just received and e-mail from NPCA and I thought the topic would be
      of high interest to this group. I have copied and pasted it below:

      On December 19th, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) intends to hold
      a lease sale for oil and gas tracts in the state of Utah. Ninety-three
      of these parcels are on or near the borders of Arches National Park,
      Canyonlands National Park, and Dinosaur National Monument. If this
      moves forward, thousands of acres could be developed for oil and gas,
      industrializing the landscapes surrounding Utah's national parks.

      It's going to take all of us to help put a stop to this. Tell
      Secretary Kempthorne to put a stop to the sale.

      The front doors of our national parks are no place for oil and gas
      drilling. You and I know that, and the BLM should know this too. And
      the truth is, we don't have much time. Write your letter to Secretary
      Kempthorne TODAY and tell him to stop the BLM development rush. Take
      action!

      Sincerely,

      Dionna Humphrey
      Director of Advocacy
      National Parks Conservation Association

      Here is the link for a letter to Secretary Kempthorne:
      http://ga1.org/campaign/BLM/x33wg57raej68k7?
    • Kurt
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 8, 2008
        The parcels in question have all been removed.
[...]

        Teach InfoWest Spam Trap if this mail is spam:
        Spam
        Not spam
        Forget previous vote

        REMEMBER: Never give out your account information, password, or other personal information over e-mail.