OFF-TOPIC: Finger Lakes waterfalls photos

    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
      Yes, totally off-topic, but since a few people asked me, here are
      photos from the Finger Lakes region of New York. We caught great water
      levels and light! Very family-friendly hiking as well. -Joe

      http://www.citrusmilo.com/fingerlakes/
    • bruce silliman
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
        Joe,
        I grew up in Oneonta and spent some time in the Finger Lakes area.  Had an uncle that was a pharmacist and in his spare time ran the concessions at Fort Ann.  Ever been through there?

        The photo of Rainbow Falls was interesting in that there is a circular pool at the bottom.  While in the Subway two weeks ago we were pondering on why the round pools are formed and one of our party stated that it was due to the swirling motion of the water as it enters the pools.  In that photo the pool is quite large indicating quite a lot of water flow.

        As usual your shots are outstanding,

        bruce from bryce

        To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
        From: joe@...
        Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:29:04 +0000
        Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] OFF-TOPIC: Finger Lakes waterfalls photos

        Yes, totally off-topic, but since a few people asked me, here are
        photos from the Finger Lakes region of New York. We caught great water
        levels and light! Very family-friendly hiking as well. -Joe

        http://www.citrusmi lo.com/fingerlak es/

        The i’m Talkathon starts 6/24/08.  For now, give amongst yourselves. Learn More
      • Bernell Warner
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008

          Nice photos Joe

          Thanks

          Bernell

          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
            Hi Bruce - Wow, that's pretty close to your old backyard! Never been
            through Fort Ann but I have been awfully close!

            Yeah, I couldn't help but notice the similarities in the formations,
            even though it's a totally different type of rock. Some of those
            plunge pools remind me a bit of Das Boot. I imagined canyoneering
            through Watkin's Glen although that would be in very poor form for
            the ethics of the area (and illegal). :) The rock flakes peel off the
            walls too easily. It gets some good flow during the Spring runoff! -
            Cheers! Joe

            --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bruce silliman
            <weabruce@...> wrote:
            > Joe,
            > I grew up in Oneonta and spent some time in the Finger Lakes area.
            Had an uncle that was a pharmacist and in his spare time ran the
            concessions at Fort Ann. Ever been through there?

            > The photo of Rainbow Falls was interesting in that there is a
            circular pool at the bottom. While in the Subway two weeks ago we
            were pondering on why the round pools are formed and one of our party
            stated that it was due to the swirling motion of the water as it
            enters the pools. In that photo the pool is quite large indicating
            quite a lot of water flow.

            > As usual your shots are outstanding,
            >
            > bruce from bryce
            >

            > To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@...: joe@...: Mon, 30 Jun 2008
            13:29:04 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] OFF-TOPIC: Finger
            Lakes waterfalls photos

            > Yes, totally off-topic, but since a few people asked me, here are
            photos from the Finger Lakes region of New York. We caught great
            water levels and light! Very family-friendly hiking as well. -
            Joehttp://www.citrusmilo.com/fingerlakes/

          • Jan Taylor
            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 30, 2008
              What spectacularly beautiful areas, and stunning photographs. Thank you for sharing. I
              would love to get your itinerary.

              Jan Taylor
              SoCal

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...> wrote:

              > Yes, totally off-topic, but since a few people asked me, here are
              > photos from the Finger Lakes region of New York. We caught great water
              > levels and light! Very family-friendly hiking as well. -Joe
              >
              > http://www.citrusmilo.com/fingerlakes/

            • Heather Long
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 1, 2008
                Great photos!
                Made me realize how long it has been since I have been up there.