Valley of Death

  • Tom Jones
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 11, 2008
      OK, it's not Zion, but...

      Photos and narrative, on the Latest Rave, Death Valley:

      http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave

      Enjoy. Tom
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 12, 2008

        It's not Zion, but it's a great little vacation for our eyes. Thanks
        for sharing Tom. I like the "touristy" shots and Ram posing in the
        saltflats. :)

        So what was that piece of litter that Ram was standing in front of?
        Part of a plane that fell from the sky?

        http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave/0802death/ce08.jpg

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:

        > OK, it's not Zion, but...
        >
        > Photos and narrative, on the Latest Rave, Death Valley:
        >
        > http://www.canyoneeringusa.com/rave
        >
        > Enjoy. Tom

      • ~tanya
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 12, 2008

          I agree!  Nice shots  =D>

          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 12, 2008
            wrote:

            > So what was that piece of litter that Ram was standing in front of?
            > Part of a plane that fell from the sky?

            We were thinking it was a wing tank that someone ejected. There are
            several USAF and/or USN bases in the area. We had an almost daily
            airshow out over the valley. F-18s I think, but I'm not up on my
            fighters.

            Tom
          • bruce silliman
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 12, 2008
              China Lake, CA (Navy) is to the west and of course Area 51 is to the east.  Sure it wasn't piece of an F-117.  We lost a couple over that way back in the 80s when I lived at Area 51.

              bruce from bryce

              NOTE:  EVERYONE WHO READS THIS MUST PRINT IT OUT AND EAT IT SO I DON'T GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE FBI, CIA, OSI, KGB, STAZI, CHINESE SECRET POLICE AND THE "KEEP DEATH VALLEY CLEAN COALITION"

              To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
              From: ratagonia@...
              Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 23:52:09 +0000
              Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Valley of Death

              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 12, 2008
                It was a wing tank.

                Not that I've seen many wing tanks up close and personal, but if I
                was a wing tank, I'd look at lot like it, did.

                Tom

                --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bruce silliman
                <weabruce@...> wrote:

                > China Lake, CA (Navy) is to the west and of course Area 51 is to
                the east. Sure it wasn't piece of an F-117. We lost a couple over
                that way back in the 80s when I lived at Area 51.

                > bruce from bryce
                >
                > NOTE: EVERYONE WHO READS THIS MUST PRINT IT OUT AND EAT IT SO I
                DON'T GET IN TROUBLE WITH THE FBI, CIA, OSI, KGB, STAZI, CHINESE
                SECRET POLICE AND THE "KEEP DEATH VALLEY CLEAN COALITION"

                > To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@...: ratagonia@...: Wed, 12 Mar 2008
                23:52:09 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Valley of
                Death

                > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@>
                wrote:> > So what was that piece of litter that Ram was standing in
                front of?> Part of a plane that fell from the sky?> We were thinking
                it was a wing tank that someone ejected. There are several USAF
                and/or USN bases in the area. We had an almost daily airshow out
                over the valley. F-18s I think, but I'm not up on my fighters.Tom

                > Connect and share in new ways with Windows Live.
                > http://www.windowslive.com/share.html?
                ocid=TXT_TAGHM_Wave2_sharelife_012008