Re: The Wave - Friday March 7th

  • Bo
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 9, 2008
      Nice pictures Bruce. Looks like the weather was delightful. I like your
      hiking partner #14!

      Did you find the Dino Tracks by description or by GPS Coords? If
      so...how accurate was our descript/gps coords?? Suggestions to make it
      easier??

      Bo

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce silliman"
      <weabruce@...> wrote:

      > We fortunate enought to grab a permit for the wave yesterday and had
      > perfect weather for the trip.
      >
      > Hit the upper trail register at 1123 and was inside the wave at
      1220.
      > Easy interactive map that the BLM provides made it an easy hike. Saw
      > 14 of the allowed 20 people per day. Found the dinosaur tracks
      curtesy
      > of Bo & Tanya's description.
      >
      > Pics are posted at album The Wave - Bruce from Bryce.

    • bruce silliman
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 9, 2008
        Used your description as we could see the pink layer from the Wave itself.  Headed down the sand hill then straight up the hill.  Some one has added some cairns to point out the start of the series of tracks that go up hill.

        We did not go up the top and the arches.  IOHO it seems that 3 hours each way may be a little bit too much, especially for those who do not go to the top.  Maybe you can re-write to say a time to the wave and then the additional time necessary for the other features.

        I tried to get a photo from every conceivable angle for effect.  Amazing that it is such a small area.

        bruce from bryce

        To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
        From: bbeck@...
        Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:07:28 +0000
        Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: The Wave - Friday March 7th

        <weabruce@.. .> wrote:

        > We fortunate enought to grab a permit for the wave yesterday and had
        > perfect weather for the trip.
        >
        > Hit the upper trail register at 1123 and was inside the wave at
        1220.
        > Easy interactive map that the BLM provides made it an easy hike. Saw
        > 14 of the allowed 20 people per day. Found the dinosaur tracks
        curtesy
        > of Bo & Tanya's description.
        >
        > Pics are posted at album The Wave - Bruce from Bryce.

      • Clayton
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 9, 2008
          "Catch a wave and you'll be sitting on top of the World" The Beach
          Boys--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bruce silliman
          <weabruce@...> wrote:

          > Used your description as we could see the pink layer from the Wave
          itself. Headed down the sand hill then straight up the hill. Some
          one has added some cairns to point out the start of the series of
          tracks that go up hill.

          > We did not go up the top and the arches. IOHO it seems that 3
          hours each way may be a little bit too much, especially for those who
          do not go to the top. Maybe you can re-write to say a time to the
          wave and then the additional time necessary for the other features.

          > I tried to get a photo from every conceivable angle for effect.
          Amazing that it is such a small area.

          > bruce from bryce
          >

          > To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@...: bbeck@...: Sun, 9 Mar 2008
          14:07:28 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: The Wave -
          Friday March 7th

          > Nice pictures Bruce. Looks like the weather was delightful. I like
          your hiking partner #14! Did you find the Dino Tracks by description
          or by GPS Coords? If so...how accurate was our descript/gps coords??
          Suggestions to make it easier??Bo--- In
          Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce silliman"
          <weabruce@> wrote:>> We fortunate enought to grab a permit for the
          wave yesterday and had > perfect weather for the trip.> > Hit the
          upper trail register at 1123 and was inside the wave at 1220. > Easy
          interactive map that the BLM provides made it an easy hike. Saw > 14
          of the allowed 20 people per day. Found the dinosaur tracks curtesy >
          of Bo & Tanya's description.> > Pics are posted at album The Wave -
          Bruce from Bryce.>

          > Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-
          get your "fix".
          > http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx

        • Clayton
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 9, 2008
            One photo shows a dinosaur track saying 'old mammal" And the next a
            squrriel. You mean old Reptile and the mammal that came after,Right?---

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
              Could be a reptile and then again maybe a mammal.  I know some dinos were warm blooded but not sure about this one.  Thanks for asking.

              bruce from bryce

              To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
              From: garyclaytonpalmer@...
              Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 03:47:34 +0000

              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                How big a track is it? Bird size, alligator,elephant,Etc.--- In
                <weabruce@...> wrote:

                > Could be a reptile and then again maybe a mammal. I know some
                dinos were warm blooded but not sure about this one. Thanks for
                asking.

                > bruce from bryce
                >

                > To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@...: garyclaytonpalmer@...: Mon, 10
                Mar 2008 03:47:34 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: The
                Wave - Friday March 7th

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 10, 2008
                  The picture I posted is about the size of a container of Chapstick.  I think they are about 3" long.

                  bruce

                  To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
                  From: garyclaytonpalmer@...
                  Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 14:54:06 +0000

                  <weabruce@.. .> wrote:

                  > Could be a reptile and then again maybe a mammal. I know some
                  dinos were warm blooded but not sure about this one. Thanks for
                  asking.

                  > bruce from bryce
                  >

                  > To: Zion_National_ Park_Hiking@ ...: garyclaytonpalmer@ ...: Mon, 10
                  Mar 2008 03:47:34 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_ Park_Hiking] Re: The
                  Wave - Friday March 7th

                  > One photo shows a dinosaur track saying 'old mammal" And the next a
                  squrriel. You mean old Reptile and the mammal that came after,Right? --
                  - In Zion_National_ Park_Hiking@ yahoogroups. com, "bruce silliman"
                  <weabruce@> wrote:>> We fortunate enought to grab a permit for the
                  wave yesterday and had > perfect weather for the trip.> > Hit the
                  upper trail register at 1123 and was inside the wave at 1220. > Easy
                  interactive map that the BLM provides made it an easy hike. Saw > 14
                  of the allowed 20 people per day. Found the dinosaur tracks curtesy >
                  of Bo & Tanya's description. > > Pics are posted at album The Wave -
                  Bruce from Bryce.>

                  > Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-
                  get your "fix".
                  > http://www.msnmobil efix.com/ Default.aspx

                • ~tanya
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 11, 2008

                    It is odd.  Such a tiny spot has given rise to a multitude of photos ... sort of like the one little section along the Subway Route, but there are so many angles to shoot and it's hard to take a bad photo out there so it's a photographers dream.  Nice photos -- ! =D>

                    Did that other Bryce Canyon Bruce tell you he went with Bo and I to the Wave during a snow storm?

                    --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bruce silliman <weabruce@...> wrote:

                    > Used your description as we could see the pink layer from the Wave itself. Headed down the sand hill then straight up the hill. Some one has added some cairns to point out the start of the series of tracks that go up hill.
                    >
                    > We did not go up the top and the arches. IOHO it seems that 3 hours each way may be a little bit too much, especially for those who do not go to the top. Maybe you can re-write to say a time to the wave and then the additional time necessary for the other features.
                    >
                    > I tried to get a photo from every conceivable angle for effect. Amazing that it is such a small area.

                  • Gary Clayton Palmer
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 11, 2008
                      Prehistoric Chicken's!--- In
                      <weabruce@...> wrote:

                      > The picture I posted is about the size of a container of
                      Chapstick. I think they are about 3" long.

                      > bruce
                      >

                      > To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@...: garyclaytonpalmer@...: Mon, 10
                      Mar 2008 14:54:06 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: The
                      Wave - Friday March 7th

                      > How big a track is it? Bird size, alligator,elephant,Etc.--- In
                      Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bruce silliman <weabruce@>
                      wrote:>> > Could be a reptile and then again maybe a mammal. I know
                      some dinos were warm blooded but not sure about this one. Thanks for
                      asking.> > > bruce from bryce> > > > > To:
                      Zion_National_Park_Hiking@: garyclaytonpalmer@: Mon, 10 Mar 2008
                      03:47:34 +0000Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: The Wave -
                      Friday March 7th> > > > > One photo shows a dinosaur track
                      saying 'old mammal" And the next a squrriel. You mean old Reptile and
                      the mammal that came after,Right?--- In
                      Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce silliman"
                      <weabruce@> wrote:>> We fortunate enought to grab a permit for the
                      wave yesterday and had > perfect weather for the trip.> > Hit the
                      upper trail register at 1123 and was inside the wave at 1220. > Easy
                      interactive map that the BLM provides made it an easy hike. Saw > 14
                      of the allowed 20 people per day. Found the dinosaur tracks curtesy >
                      of Bo & Tanya's description.> > Pics are posted at album The Wave -
                      Bruce from Bryce.> > > > > > > >
                      know the score, the latest news, or you need your Hotmail®-get
                      your "fix".> http://www.msnmobilefix.com/Default.aspx>

                      > Climb to the top of the charts! Play the word scramble challenge
                      with star power.
                      > http://club.live.com/star_shuffle.aspx?
                      icid=starshuffle_wlmailtextlink_jan