Re: Interesting canyons in Zion for winter hiking

    Message 1 of 56 , Dec 12, 2007
      Looking at your map, all I can say is... JUICY! Thanks for your
      exciting trip reports, Tanya and Bo -- I really look forward to
      exploring more of this area on one of my next visits... it's
      territory that not too many people give love to. Great stuff. -Joe

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > The Trail report and photos are online. [:)]
      >
      > http://www.zionnational-park.com/mineral-gulch.htm
      > <http://www.zionnational-park.com/mineral-gulch.htm>
      >
      > http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index49.htm
      > <http://www.zionnational-park.com/images/album2/index49.htm>
      >

      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bo"
      > <bomabro84738@> wrote:
      > >
      > > We started hiking early in the AM (7:30) and tried directly down
      > > Meadow Creek where it goes under Route 9. Bad mistake. It is a
      muddy,
      > > loose scree, overgrown drainage that we eventually climbed out on
      the
      > > north-east side of and scrambled down into the major wash below.
      We

      Message 56 of 56 , Dec 12, 2007