Re: Huge Gear Sale!!!

  • kol84b
    Message 1 of 14 , Nov 30, 2007
      The maps cover the entire U.S. When I bought mine, they came on three
      c.d.s, one for the eastern half of the U.S., one for the western half,
      and the last covered Alaska and Hawaii.
      Now it looks like they come on a single dvd. There is another option
      with the 60CSx, you can buy custom loaded micro sd cards that install
      directly into the unit. I don't know anything about those though.
      I preferred to load my own, so that I could put both topo and other
      maps on. The unit came with a 64 mb card. I spent a few more dollars
      and got a 256 mb card.(A quick check found a 1 gig card for under $20)
      This allowed me to install all of Utah, Most of Nev., and about half
      of Ariz, Idaho, and Colo. with lots of room to spare. Those were the
      areas I thought I might have any use for. If I take a trip to some
      other part of the U.S., it is simple to put those maps in.
      Cliff
      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Clayton