Canyoneering USA Poster photo contest
- I want to produce a poster, unfortunately a little too late for
Christmas, but... I'd like to open up submissions to everyone, so
I've decided to have a contest:
1. The theme is "Water, water everywhere".
2. The context is technical canyoneering.
3. Submissions are limited to 3 pictures per person. Submitter must
own the rights to the picture. (Tom may allow certain persons to
submit more than 3 pictures, but no more than 3 images from one
person will be selected as semi-finalists).
4. Winner will be used for one printing of a poster for Canyoneering
USA. Submitter will be paid US$ 200.00 as a prize and for use of
the image for the poster (and related sales activity).
5. Four runner-ups will be awarded a US$ 50.00 gift certificate at
6. Tom will select 15-20 semi-finalists and put them up for a vote
on the Canyons Yahoo Group. Tom reserves the right to select more
or less semi-finalists.
7. Tom will select the winner from the top five vote getters.
Decision is final.
8. Image must be available in a 2000 x 3000 minimum original pixel
size (or film equivalent). Do not submit images for which
a "printable" size image is not available. Model releases from
recognizable persons are required.
9. Submission: email your best jpeg, longest side 900 pixels, file
size no larger than 600kb to CanyoneeringUSA@... along with a
caption, location, photographer's name, etc. Semi-finalists will
need to submit a printable version for verification before being
listed for voting.
10. Recognizable Imlay Canyon Gear equipment in the photo scores
brownie points with me, but is not required.
11. All persons in the pictures participating in technical
canyoneering must be wearing a helmet on their head.
12. No illegal activities may be pictured.
13. Submission deadline is Midnight Monday November 26th, in Mt
Carmel UT. Voting will take place from Nov 30th to Dec 7th. Final
winners announced Dec 10th or so.
Thanks in advance for all those participating, as photographer,
model, voter or heckler!