arches of the escalante canyons

  • jeff branin
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2007
      I believe it was on this group site that I first came across a
      reference to a book entitled "Arches of the Escalante Canyons and
      Kaiparowits Plateau . . . Grand Staircase - Escalante National
      Monument." Until today I'd been unsuccessful in obtaining a copy.
      This book was published in 2002, but for some reason I was under the
      impression that it was out of print. The book plus an insert lists the
      location of about 700 arches and provides photos and additional
      directions to dozens of the significant ones.

      This book was published by Arch Hunter Books. I've used several of
      Arch Hunter books authored by Chris Moore to visit arches in the Moab
      area.

      Jens Munthe is the author of "Arches of the Escalante Canyons . . ." I
      obtained a signed copy of his book by sending a $9 check to him at PO
      Box 80 in Escalante. Hope to make good use of the book come springtime.
      jeff