Competitive or just for fun?

  • Bo
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      I hate "pounding pavement" but Codys son need some info about
      "Canyoneering" for a school project. My intention was to take him the
      DVD "Canyoneering the Colorado Plateau" and then drive home to mud and
      tape and sand.......Damn!~ The Butch Cassidy 5K-10K was happenning. I
      hate running competively but needed a new T-Shirt. What the hell! I
      was the absolute last entrant at 8:40AM. No t-shirt but one promised
      at the Grafton Finish! I just wanted my T-shirt. Well...I got it! Out
      of 400+ entrants...I finished 54th....7th in my age group.....8 minute
      miles at just under 50 minutes. It was a fun event for all. Walkers,
      strollers, joggers, serious runners! I still hate pounding pavement,
      but at least I have a new T-shirt and some fond memories of wondering
      why I was running instead of "mudding,taping and sanding"!~
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007

        Great Job!  I had meant to take the kids and do that today but forgot. :D