Re: July Hike ideas (transportation concerns)

  • bomabro84738
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 30, 2007

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, Michael Blitch <mblitch@...> wrote:
      > I always prefer loop hikes whenever possible, so transportation tends to
      > complicate things at time. I wanted to do the Angels Landing, continue
      > up the West Rim trail to Lava Point and return by the wildcat trail and
      > on through the Subway

      Definately not a loop hike. Getting a ride back from the trailend at the Left Fork (Subway) may be difficult. Most folks that are leaving there are done for the day and headed home or to pick up their vehicle at the trailhead. Not impossible to get back to Springdale though. Might work?

       and then do the Narrows from the Ranch.

      Again, getting a ride back to your vehicle at the ranch at the end of the day may prove difficult? Might consider paying a shuttle service to take you to the trailhead at Chamberlains and leave your vehicle at the visitors center. Getting a ride to Chamberlains in the morning would be easier than trying to get back up there in the afternoon?

       If I could
      > I was hoping to do the Eat Rim trail from the east entrance and hit
      > cable and deer mountain and observation point as a two day hike
      > finishing via Weeping Rock, but am not sure if I'll have the time.

      May not be too difficult to hitch a ride back to the East Entrance?