Re: Zion Lottery System

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6 12:30 PM
      Hi Ralph - The lottery usually runs at the beginning of the month 3
      months before the month you want your permit. So that's right about
      now! The website claims the lottery is run on the 5th of each month,
      but in my experience, they are usually a few days slower than that.
      If you don't get an email in the next week, I'd probably contact the
      backcountry desk to see what's up.

      The lottery system combined with the permit system is a crazy amount
      of paperpushing to do a very cool hike! :) -Joe

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Whittle"
      <lasvegaslocal@...> wrote:

      > I entered the lottery for a Subway permit in June. Does anyone
      know
      > when the lottery actually runs? I think it would be sometime this
      > month, but I can't find anything on the website about the timing.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Ralph

    • Ralph & Sharon Whittle
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6 12:37 PM