Re: Waiting......

  • jeff branin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
      Super Trail Report. No fumbles. No rain. And no commercials (just
      looming commercial development). Thanks for the descriptions, Bo.
      Last running I did in Utah was back in May trying to keep up with you
      as you strolled across Zion. Happy Trails!

      -- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Just got done with an absolutely wonderful 5.9 mile loop Jeff! Its
      > only 2 miles from my front door at home! Single track Bike Loop
      > called Barrell Roll. Same trailhead has another 4.3 mile loop
      called
      > Black Bush. I opted for the longer. It gently climbed and wound
      > itself further up and west until arriving at a "point" looking west
      > toward the Utah Hills, and then wraped around the backside to the
      > north. All the time looking down into desert washes far below. I
      > nudged a Redtail from its perch on the rimrock and he hovered as he
      > wondered what I was doing out on a Superbowl Sunday :-) Didn't see
      > soul nor hear gunfire. Think I picked the perfect place and perfect
      > day.
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Well Jeff....
      > > I have 3 spots that are dear to me. The Redcliff Desert Reserve
      > north
      > > of Chuckawalla Wall has several loops that allow me to meditate.
      > From
      > > one end to the other is about 3 miles of 800' of slickrock,
      washes
      > > and my favorite....loose, fine sand and loops galore! The scenery
      > > varies from open desert tabletop to winding shelves of narrow
      > > corridors. Often the Redtails fly over head, but then, up top the
      > > views of the ever expanding Entrada, Santa Clara and Ivins remind
      > me
      > > that soon crowding will bump me away.
      > >
      > > Another favorite is at the Green Valley Gap. This area is one
      huge
      > > sincline of winding absolutely amazing paths thru hoodoos and
      lost
      > > pathways and tops the Bloomington ridge with spectacular views to
      > the
      > > south of the Virgin River Basin. Lots of elevation gain and
      terrain
      > > just technical enough to keep me on my toes (or my butt). This
      area
      > > is shared with mountain bikers, boulderers, climbers and hikers
      > > alike; This 2200 acre area is SITLA Land and soon will be
      swallowed
      > > up by development as well. It will be one huge loss to the
      > recreation
      > > community, but then a handfull of folks will have some of the
      BEST
      > > Landscaping on this planet.
      > >
      > > Today I will explore some BLM lands just south of my house. I
      went
      > > out 2 weekends ago to explore, but was driven away by "Rabbit
      > > Hunters" and their flying lead! I figure that most of
      > these "killers"
      > > will be enthralled with the "Superbowl" so my chances of success
      on
      > > this HUGE Ridge are pretty good today! This area sports technical
      > > running with some fun "Leaps of Faith" and I really look forward
      > > the solitude and lack of riccocheing lead.
      > >
      > > Hope you get out on this Beautiful Sunday for some fresh air as
      > well
      > > Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the
      60's
      > > and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!
      > >
      > > Bo
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
      > > <jb838@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
      > > > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is
      the
      > > > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating
      > and
      > > > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
      > > splash
      > > > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super
      > Bowl
      > > > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance.
      jeff
    • bruce silliman
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
        Super Bowl Sunday in Las Vegas -- can't beat it!!

        Whether or not you're a gambler or not, no place can beat the atmosphere of
        this day here in gamble central to watch the game. They were estimating $8
        billion to be bet on the game -- and in LV about $1 billion. I wonder where
        the rest of it goes. I bet to 'My cousin Vinnie' and all his other
        relatives.

        Damon Hester went off at 25 to 1 to score the first TD of the game. I bet
        $25 for a cool profit. Great game and glad the Colts won.

        However, if a canyon had been available, well...

        bruce from bryce

        Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

          This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St. Geroge.  I did not get to hike this weekend.  :p   Bo even came by and made it a threesome.   ;;)

          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
            [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]

            --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

              :">

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...> wrote:

              > [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]
              >
              > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
              > >
              > > This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St.
              > > Geroge. I did not get to hike this weekend. [:p] Bo even came by
              > > and made it a threesome. [;;)]

            • jeff branin
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
                Threesome? Must have been that Dr. McTagteamy.

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

                  Anyone else trail run besides Jeff And Bo?  Do you have some favorite spots in the Zion area Jeff?