Re: Waiting......

  • bomabro84738
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4 11:13 AM
      Just got done with an absolutely wonderful 5.9 mile loop Jeff! Its
      only 2 miles from my front door at home! Single track Bike Loop
      called Barrell Roll. Same trailhead has another 4.3 mile loop called
      Black Bush. I opted for the longer. It gently climbed and wound
      itself further up and west until arriving at a "point" looking west
      toward the Utah Hills, and then wraped around the backside to the
      north. All the time looking down into desert washes far below. I
      nudged a Redtail from its perch on the rimrock and he hovered as he
      wondered what I was doing out on a Superbowl Sunday :-) Didn't see a
      soul nor hear gunfire. Think I picked the perfect place and perfect
      day.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Well Jeff....
      > I have 3 spots that are dear to me. The Redcliff Desert Reserve
      north
      > of Chuckawalla Wall has several loops that allow me to meditate.
      From
      > one end to the other is about 3 miles of 800' of slickrock, washes
      > and my favorite....loose, fine sand and loops galore! The scenery
      > varies from open desert tabletop to winding shelves of narrow
      > corridors. Often the Redtails fly over head, but then, up top the
      > views of the ever expanding Entrada, Santa Clara and Ivins remind
      me
      > that soon crowding will bump me away.
      >
      > Another favorite is at the Green Valley Gap. This area is one huge
      > sincline of winding absolutely amazing paths thru hoodoos and lost
      > pathways and tops the Bloomington ridge with spectacular views to
      the
      > south of the Virgin River Basin. Lots of elevation gain and terrain
      > just technical enough to keep me on my toes (or my butt). This area
      > is shared with mountain bikers, boulderers, climbers and hikers
      > alike; This 2200 acre area is SITLA Land and soon will be swallowed
      > up by development as well. It will be one huge loss to the
      recreation
      > community, but then a handfull of folks will have some of the BEST
      > Landscaping on this planet.
      >
      > Today I will explore some BLM lands just south of my house. I went
      > out 2 weekends ago to explore, but was driven away by "Rabbit
      > Hunters" and their flying lead! I figure that most of
      these "killers"
      > will be enthralled with the "Superbowl" so my chances of success on
      > this HUGE Ridge are pretty good today! This area sports technical
      > running with some fun "Leaps of Faith" and I really look forward to
      > the solitude and lack of riccocheing lead.
      >
      > Hope you get out on this Beautiful Sunday for some fresh air as
      well
      > Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the 60's
      > and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!
      >
      > Bo
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
      > <jb838@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
      > > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is the
      > > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating
      and
      > > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
      > splash
      > > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super
      Bowl
      > > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance. jeff
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for
      > our
      > > GC
      > > > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all
      that
      > we
      > > > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary.
      We
      > > will
      > > > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
      > > indulge
      > > > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
      > > important
      > > > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
      > > know
      > > > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow,
      but
      > > > think it would bore you ;-)
      > > >
      > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"

      > our

    • jeff branin
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4 6:00 PM
        Super Trail Report. No fumbles. No rain. And no commercials (just
        looming commercial development). Thanks for the descriptions, Bo.
        Last running I did in Utah was back in May trying to keep up with you
        as you strolled across Zion. Happy Trails!

        <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > well
        > > Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the
        60's
        > > and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!
        > >
        > > Bo
        > >
        > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
        > > <jb838@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
        > > > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is
        the
        > > > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating
        > and
        > > > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
        > > splash
        > > > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super
        > Bowl
        > > > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance.
      • bruce silliman
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4 9:09 PM
          Super Bowl Sunday in Las Vegas -- can't beat it!!

          Whether or not you're a gambler or not, no place can beat the atmosphere of
          this day here in gamble central to watch the game. They were estimating $8
          billion to be bet on the game -- and in LV about $1 billion. I wonder where
          the rest of it goes. I bet to 'My cousin Vinnie' and all his other
          relatives.

          Damon Hester went off at 25 to 1 to score the first TD of the game. I bet
          $25 for a cool profit. Great game and glad the Colts won.

          However, if a canyon had been available, well...

          bruce from bryce

          Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 5 1:26 PM

            This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St. Geroge.  I did not get to hike this weekend.  :p   Bo even came by and made it a threesome.   ;;)

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 5 1:51 PM
              [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5 1:53 PM

                :">

                --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...> wrote:

                > [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]
                >
                > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
                > >
                > > This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St.
                > > Geroge. I did not get to hike this weekend. [:p] Bo even came by
                > > and made it a threesome. [;;)]

              • jeff branin
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5 7:36 PM
                  Threesome? Must have been that Dr. McTagteamy.

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5 8:06 PM

                    Anyone else trail run besides Jeff And Bo?  Do you have some favorite spots in the Zion area Jeff?