Re: Waiting......

  • jeff branin
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 4 8:09 AM
      Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
      perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is the
      treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating and
      scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to splash
      thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super Bowl
      Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance. jeff

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for our
      GC
      > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that we
      > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We
      will
      > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
      indulge
      > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
      important
      > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
      know
      > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but I
      > think it would bore you ;-)
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
      > <adkramoo@> wrote:
      > >
      > > With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from our
      > > heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
      > > today?? Time will tell.
      > > Ram

    • bomabro84738
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 4 8:57 AM
        Well Jeff....
        I have 3 spots that are dear to me. The Redcliff Desert Reserve north
        of Chuckawalla Wall has several loops that allow me to meditate. From
        one end to the other is about 3 miles of 800' of slickrock, washes
        and my favorite....loose, fine sand and loops galore! The scenery
        varies from open desert tabletop to winding shelves of narrow
        corridors. Often the Redtails fly over head, but then, up top the
        views of the ever expanding Entrada, Santa Clara and Ivins remind me
        that soon crowding will bump me away.

        Another favorite is at the Green Valley Gap. This area is one huge
        sincline of winding absolutely amazing paths thru hoodoos and lost
        pathways and tops the Bloomington ridge with spectacular views to the
        south of the Virgin River Basin. Lots of elevation gain and terrain
        just technical enough to keep me on my toes (or my butt). This area
        is shared with mountain bikers, boulderers, climbers and hikers
        alike; This 2200 acre area is SITLA Land and soon will be swallowed
        up by development as well. It will be one huge loss to the recreation
        community, but then a handfull of folks will have some of the BEST
        Landscaping on this planet.

        Today I will explore some BLM lands just south of my house. I went
        out 2 weekends ago to explore, but was driven away by "Rabbit
        Hunters" and their flying lead! I figure that most of these "killers"
        will be enthralled with the "Superbowl" so my chances of success on
        this HUGE Ridge are pretty good today! This area sports technical
        running with some fun "Leaps of Faith" and I really look forward to
        the solitude and lack of riccocheing lead.

        Hope you get out on this Beautiful Sunday for some fresh air as well
        Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the 60's
        and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!

        Bo

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
        <jb838@...> wrote:

        > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
        > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is the
        > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating and
        > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
        splash
        > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super Bowl
        > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance. jeff
        >
        > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
        > <no_reply@> wrote:
        > >
        > > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for
        our
        > GC
        > > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that
        we
        > > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We
        > will
        > > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
        > indulge
        > > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
        > important
        > > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
        > know
        > > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but
        > > think it would bore you ;-)
        > >
        > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
        > > <adkramoo@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from
        our
        > > > heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
        > > > today?? Time will tell.
        > > > Ram

      • bomabro84738
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 4 11:13 AM
          Just got done with an absolutely wonderful 5.9 mile loop Jeff! Its
          only 2 miles from my front door at home! Single track Bike Loop
          called Barrell Roll. Same trailhead has another 4.3 mile loop called
          Black Bush. I opted for the longer. It gently climbed and wound
          itself further up and west until arriving at a "point" looking west
          toward the Utah Hills, and then wraped around the backside to the
          north. All the time looking down into desert washes far below. I
          nudged a Redtail from its perch on the rimrock and he hovered as he
          wondered what I was doing out on a Superbowl Sunday :-) Didn't see a
          soul nor hear gunfire. Think I picked the perfect place and perfect
          day.

          <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
          > > <no_reply@> wrote:
          > > >
          > > > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for
          > our
          > > GC
          > > > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all
          that
          > we
          > > > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary.
          We
          > > will
          > > > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
          > > indulge
          > > > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
          > > important
          > > > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
          > > know
          > > > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow,

        • jeff branin
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4 6:00 PM
            Super Trail Report. No fumbles. No rain. And no commercials (just
            looming commercial development). Thanks for the descriptions, Bo.
            Last running I did in Utah was back in May trying to keep up with you
            as you strolled across Zion. Happy Trails!

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
            > well
            > > Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the
            60's
            > > and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!
            > >
            > > Bo
            > >
            > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
            > > <jb838@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
            > > > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is
            the
            > > > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating
            > and
            > > > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
            > > splash
            > > > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super
            > Bowl
            > > > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance.
          • bruce silliman
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4 9:09 PM
              Super Bowl Sunday in Las Vegas -- can't beat it!!

              Whether or not you're a gambler or not, no place can beat the atmosphere of
              this day here in gamble central to watch the game. They were estimating $8
              billion to be bet on the game -- and in LV about $1 billion. I wonder where
              the rest of it goes. I bet to 'My cousin Vinnie' and all his other
              relatives.

              Damon Hester went off at 25 to 1 to score the first TD of the game. I bet
              $25 for a cool profit. Great game and glad the Colts won.

              However, if a canyon had been available, well...

              bruce from bryce

              Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5 1:26 PM

                This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St. Geroge.  I did not get to hike this weekend.  :p   Bo even came by and made it a threesome.   ;;)

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 5 1:51 PM
                  [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]

                  --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike

                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 5 1:53 PM

                    :">

                    --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...> wrote:

                    > [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]
                    >
                    > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
                    > >
                    > > This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St.
                    > > Geroge. I did not get to hike this weekend. [:p] Bo even came by
                    > > and made it a threesome. [;;)]

                  • jeff branin
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5 7:36 PM
                      Threesome? Must have been that Dr. McTagteamy.

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 5 8:06 PM

                        Anyone else trail run besides Jeff And Bo?  Do you have some favorite spots in the Zion area Jeff?