Waiting......

  • adkramoo
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 3, 2007
      With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from our
      heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
      today?? Time will tell.
      Ram
    • bomabro84738
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 3, 2007
        It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for our GC
        trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that we
        will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We will
        have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and indulge
        on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to important
        concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You know
        how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but I
        think it would bore you ;-)

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
        <adkramoo@...> wrote:

        > With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from our
        > heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
        > today?? Time will tell.
        > Ram

      • adkramoo
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 3, 2007
          --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
          <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for our GC
          > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that we
          > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We will
          > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and indulge
          > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to important
          > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You know
          > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but I
          > think it would bore you ;-)

          Ahhhh, its trip prep...And for the length of your coming trip, a
          needed thing. I doubt you could bore me. Even your suggestions for
          tech tips on Canyons was interesting. That stuff usually puts me to
          sleep. I'll have to come up with something interesting for you
          guys....I do know how it is right now. Buried in work....but out come
          Tuesday for 10 days. Still stuck in Utah east until it warms up. See
          you in May for West Temple!!
        • jeff branin
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
            Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
            perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is the
            treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating and
            scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to splash
            thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super Bowl
            Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance. jeff

            <no_reply@...> wrote:

            > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for our
            GC
            > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that we
            > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We
            will
            > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
            indulge
            > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
            important
            > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
            know
            > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but I
            > think it would bore you ;-)
            >
            > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
            > <adkramoo@> wrote:
            > >
            > > With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from our
            > > heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
            > > today?? Time will tell.
            > > Ram

          • bomabro84738
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
              Well Jeff....
              I have 3 spots that are dear to me. The Redcliff Desert Reserve north
              of Chuckawalla Wall has several loops that allow me to meditate. From
              one end to the other is about 3 miles of 800' of slickrock, washes
              and my favorite....loose, fine sand and loops galore! The scenery
              varies from open desert tabletop to winding shelves of narrow
              corridors. Often the Redtails fly over head, but then, up top the
              views of the ever expanding Entrada, Santa Clara and Ivins remind me
              that soon crowding will bump me away.

              Another favorite is at the Green Valley Gap. This area is one huge
              sincline of winding absolutely amazing paths thru hoodoos and lost
              pathways and tops the Bloomington ridge with spectacular views to the
              south of the Virgin River Basin. Lots of elevation gain and terrain
              just technical enough to keep me on my toes (or my butt). This area
              is shared with mountain bikers, boulderers, climbers and hikers
              alike; This 2200 acre area is SITLA Land and soon will be swallowed
              up by development as well. It will be one huge loss to the recreation
              community, but then a handfull of folks will have some of the BEST
              Landscaping on this planet.

              Today I will explore some BLM lands just south of my house. I went
              out 2 weekends ago to explore, but was driven away by "Rabbit
              Hunters" and their flying lead! I figure that most of these "killers"
              will be enthralled with the "Superbowl" so my chances of success on
              this HUGE Ridge are pretty good today! This area sports technical
              running with some fun "Leaps of Faith" and I really look forward to
              the solitude and lack of riccocheing lead.

              Hope you get out on this Beautiful Sunday for some fresh air as well
              Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the 60's
              and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!

              Bo

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
              <jb838@...> wrote:

              > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
              > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is the
              > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating and
              > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
              splash
              > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super Bowl
              > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance. jeff
              >
              > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
              > <no_reply@> wrote:
              > >
              > > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for
              our
              > GC
              > > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all that
              we
              > > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary. We
              > will
              > > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
              > indulge
              > > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
              > important
              > > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
              > know
              > > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow, but
              > > think it would bore you ;-)
              > >
              > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
              > > <adkramoo@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > With it the weekend and it so quiet, I await the usual TR from
              our
              > > > heroes, which I picture out and about. Where did they venture to
              > > > today?? Time will tell.
              > > > Ram

            • bomabro84738
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
                Just got done with an absolutely wonderful 5.9 mile loop Jeff! Its
                only 2 miles from my front door at home! Single track Bike Loop
                called Barrell Roll. Same trailhead has another 4.3 mile loop called
                Black Bush. I opted for the longer. It gently climbed and wound
                itself further up and west until arriving at a "point" looking west
                toward the Utah Hills, and then wraped around the backside to the
                north. All the time looking down into desert washes far below. I
                nudged a Redtail from its perch on the rimrock and he hovered as he
                wondered what I was doing out on a Superbowl Sunday :-) Didn't see a
                soul nor hear gunfire. Think I picked the perfect place and perfect
                day.

                <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                > >
                > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
                > > <no_reply@> wrote:
                > > >
                > > > It was a busy day Ram! Getting the necessities put together for
                > our
                > > GC
                > > > trip. The next few weeks will be the same as we combine all
                that
                > we
                > > > will need, pack them into drybags and focus on the itinerary.
                We
                > > will
                > > > have to be at Lees Ferry on the 27th to help pack the boats and
                > > indulge
                > > > on the mandatory GC briefing. Right now Tanya is tending to
                > > important
                > > > concerns at The "Thunderbird" and I'm doing the same at OO. You
                > > know
                > > > how it is! .....I can tell you how my trail run is tomorrow,

              • jeff branin
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
                  Super Trail Report. No fumbles. No rain. And no commercials (just
                  looming commercial development). Thanks for the descriptions, Bo.
                  Last running I did in Utah was back in May trying to keep up with you
                  as you strolled across Zion. Happy Trails!

                  <no_reply@...> wrote:

> [...]
                  > well
                  > > Jeff? At least its a nice sunday here. Expecting temps in the
                  60's
                  > > and clear sunny skies. A perfect day for The Superbowl!
                  > >
                  > > Bo
                  > >
                  > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "jeff branin"
                  > > <jb838@> wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Yo, Bo, So where do you go trail running? Have you found that
                  > > > perfect track with minimal roots, rocks, and loose sand? Is
                  the
                  > > > treadway cushioned with pine needles? Is the route undulating
                  > and
                  > > > scenic? Are their deer and hawks to startle? And streams to
                  > > splash
                  > > > thru? C'mon, enthrall us with the perfect details. It's Super
                  > Bowl
                  > > > Sunday. Give us a preview of a footpath with substance.
                • bruce silliman
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 4, 2007
                    Super Bowl Sunday in Las Vegas -- can't beat it!!

                    Whether or not you're a gambler or not, no place can beat the atmosphere of
                    this day here in gamble central to watch the game. They were estimating $8
                    billion to be bet on the game -- and in LV about $1 billion. I wonder where
                    the rest of it goes. I bet to 'My cousin Vinnie' and all his other
                    relatives.

                    Damon Hester went off at 25 to 1 to score the first TD of the game. I bet
                    $25 for a cool profit. Great game and glad the Colts won.

                    However, if a canyon had been available, well...

                    bruce from bryce

                    Awards´┐Ż http://movies.msn.com/movies/oscars2007/?icid=ncoscartagline2
                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

                      This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St. Geroge.  I did not get to hike this weekend.  :p   Bo even came by and made it a threesome.   ;;)

                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
                        [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]

                        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

                          :">

                          --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...> wrote:

                          > [insert Isaac Hayes music here...]
                          >
                          > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
                          > >
                          > > This tall dark handsome Doctor talked me into staying a while in St.
                          > > Geroge. I did not get to hike this weekend. [:p] Bo even came by
                          > > and made it a threesome. [;;)]

                        • jeff branin
                          Message 12 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007
                            Threesome? Must have been that Dr. McTagteamy.

                            Message 13 of 13 , Feb 5, 2007

                              Anyone else trail run besides Jeff And Bo?  Do you have some favorite spots in the Zion area Jeff?