RE: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Snow levels

  • bruce silliman
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
      our park hydrologist got centerlined on his truck about 1 mile past ZPR and
      then had to ski to the north fork (20 miles r/t) to get his water samples.
      fortunately ORVs had created a nice little path for him to use.

      bruce from bryce

      >From: bomabro84738 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
      >To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Snow levels
      >Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:38:42 -0000
      >
      >Oh yeah..the East Rim! We hiked out to between the first and second
      >North-South running canyons west of Englestead Canyon and the snow was
      >similar...maybe a foot or foot and half of snow? It probably has
      >reduced a bit since then also?
      >
      >--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Westerhoff"
      ><thedesertnomad@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
      > > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
      > > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
      > >

      > > Thanks in advance,

      Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
    • Gary
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        I worked out near there last Saturday and there was about a foot of
        snow in the deeper wooded areas.--- In

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007

          Hi Bill,

          Do you have one of the cabins up there?   Sorry I have not been up to tell you the snow levels.