Re: Snow levels

  • bomabro84738
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      Oh yeah..the East Rim! We hiked out to between the first and second
      North-South running canyons west of Englestead Canyon and the snow was
      similar...maybe a foot or foot and half of snow? It probably has
      reduced a bit since then also?

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Westerhoff"
      <thedesertnomad@...> wrote:

      > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
      > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
      > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
      >

      > Thanks in advance,

    • bruce silliman
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
        our park hydrologist got centerlined on his truck about 1 mile past ZPR and
        then had to ski to the north fork (20 miles r/t) to get his water samples.
        fortunately ORVs had created a nice little path for him to use.

        bruce from bryce

        >From: bomabro84738 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        >To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Snow levels
        >Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:38:42 -0000
        >
        >Oh yeah..the East Rim! We hiked out to between the first and second
        >North-South running canyons west of Englestead Canyon and the snow was
        >similar...maybe a foot or foot and half of snow? It probably has
        >reduced a bit since then also?
        >
        >--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Westerhoff"
        ><thedesertnomad@...> wrote:
        > >
        > > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
        > > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
        > > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
        > >

        > > Thanks in advance,

        Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
      • Gary
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
          I worked out near there last Saturday and there was about a foot of
          snow in the deeper wooded areas.--- In

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007

            Hi Bill,

            Do you have one of the cabins up there?   Sorry I have not been up to tell you the snow levels.