Snow levels

  • Bill Westerhoff
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
      I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
      wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
      Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?

      Thanks in advance,
    • bomabro84738
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
        Haven't been there recently...maybe a month ago and the dirt roads past
        ZPR had maybe a foot and half of tracked snow. Its been pretty cold but
        mostly sunny since then with a small amount of snow fallen since then.
        I would think its mostly clear by now? You could always call or e-mail
        www.zionponderosaresort.com and I would think they could give you an
        idea?

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Westerhoff"
        <thedesertnomad@...> wrote:

        > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
        > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
        > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
        >

        > Thanks in advance,

      • bomabro84738
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2007
          Oh yeah..the East Rim! We hiked out to between the first and second
          North-South running canyons west of Englestead Canyon and the snow was
          similar...maybe a foot or foot and half of snow? It probably has
          reduced a bit since then also?

          <thedesertnomad@...> wrote:

          > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
          > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
          > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
          >

          > Thanks in advance,

        • bruce silliman
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
            our park hydrologist got centerlined on his truck about 1 mile past ZPR and
            then had to ski to the north fork (20 miles r/t) to get his water samples.
            fortunately ORVs had created a nice little path for him to use.

            bruce from bryce

            >From: bomabro84738 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
            >To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Snow levels
            >Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 01:38:42 -0000
            >
            >Oh yeah..the East Rim! We hiked out to between the first and second
            >North-South running canyons west of Englestead Canyon and the snow was
            >similar...maybe a foot or foot and half of snow? It probably has
            >reduced a bit since then also?
            >
            >--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Westerhoff"
            ><thedesertnomad@...> wrote:
            > >
            > > I am looking to get back up to my place in Zion Ponderosa and was
            > > wondering what the snow level is looking like up on the East Rim of
            > > Zion. Anyone been up that way recently?!?
            > >

            > > Thanks in advance,

            Valentine�s Day -- Shop for gifts that spell L-O-V-E at MSN Shopping
          • Gary
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2007
              I worked out near there last Saturday and there was about a foot of
              snow in the deeper wooded areas.--- In

              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 6, 2007

                Hi Bill,

                Do you have one of the cabins up there?   Sorry I have not been up to tell you the snow levels.