Pics Added

  • Dean Kurtz
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
      I added a few shots to the photos section.  Petroglyphs, an "arch", Mollie's Nipple, the pink cliffs, and Cottonwood Canyon, all viewed from the Bunting Trail or Bunting Mesa.  They are in the folder Bunting Trail/Mesa, Cottonwood Canyon.

      Dean
    • bomabro84738
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
        Thanks Dean! I see you got that trigger finger a work out with that
        new Christmas toy! Good Job! Thanks for the pics. Tanya and I talked
        with a local on last sunday and he informed us of some cool hikes
        just by Cedar Pocket (development)??? in Kanab where he lives. He
        said that the Anasazi were very optimistic...one of the petros is a
        Bull Elk with 28? points!

        I couldnt see the Arch in the one photo you posted? Should I go to
        the optometrist soon or what?!

        Thanks for showing us Cottonwood Canyon from Bunting! Show us some
        more!

        Bo

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Dean Kurtz"
        <dkurtz@...> wrote:

        > I added a few shots to the photos section. Petroglyphs, an "arch",
        Mollie's Nipple, the pink cliffs, and Cottonwood Canyon, all viewed
        from the Bunting Trail or Bunting Mesa. They are in the folder
        Bunting Trail/Mesa, Cottonwood Canyon.

        > Dean

      • Dean Kurtz
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2007
          Cedar Heights, maybe?

          It's not really an arch, hence the quotation marks, but...it takes up the majority of the shot, lighter colored rock against the darker red background.  More like two, large, flat rocks on top of each other, balanced on a small pedestel on the left, and a larger one on the left.  Shadows directly below the flat rocks towards the right, just above the tree.

          I'll post another of the same "arch" in a few minutes, but from a different angle with a different background.

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 6, 2007

            Some of those are on my to do list!  Glad you have a digital in hand now!