RE: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Home Page photo!

  • bruce silliman
    Message 1 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
      Thanks Tanya, Bo & Tom,

      This one has been on my radar for awhile. Hope to do it next summer.

      bruce

      >From: "Tom Jones" <ratagonia@...>
      >To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Home Page photo!
      >Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2006 02:28:22 -0000
      >
      >Not too surprisingly, Water Canyon is rather wet. And has quite a
      >few raps. It takes basically all day to hike up and do the rappels.
      >
      >A very good teaching/guiding canyon.
      >
      >Tom
      >
      >--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      ><no_reply@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Bruce, the hike follows a wash to almost the first rappel into
      >water
      > > canyon, but then continues. I suppose if a person wanted to lug
      >the
      > > gear and ropes they could culminate the hike (Loop Hike Squirrel
      > > Creek/ Water Canyon Arch/ Water Canyon) with a slot canyon
      >adventure,
      > > but it just wasn't on our platter last weekend :-).
      > > Bo
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
      > > <no_reply@> wrote:
      > > >

      > > > Hi Bruce....
      > > >
      > > > You hike, but there is a slot canyon there that you can do. The
      >2
      > > > guides in Springdale use it for training for people that ake
      >their
      > > > classes. Hiking Canaan Mountain is without a doubt one of the
      >best
      > > > HIKES anywhere! (not the slot.. the hike through Water Canyon
      >and
      > > up to
      > > > Canaan Mountain and out Eagle Crags.)
      > > >
      > > > Bo has the trip report done, just now!
      > > >
      > > > http://www.zionnational-park.com/water-canyon-arch.htm
      > > > <http://www.zionnational-park.com/water-canyon-arch.htm>
      > > >

      > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce
      >silliman"

    • bruce silliman
      Message 2 of 12 , Dec 1, 2006
        Great photos of your hike. I especially liked the one where it appears that
        you are in a cave with the sun shineing in. Nice adventure.

        bruce

        >From: bomabro84738 <no_reply@yahoogroups.com>
        >To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Home Page photo!
        >Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2006 22:22:37 -0000
        >
        >Bruce, the hike follows a wash to almost the first rappel into water
        >canyon, but then continues. I suppose if a person wanted to lug the
        >gear and ropes they could culminate the hike (Loop Hike Squirrel
        >Creek/ Water Canyon Arch/ Water Canyon) with a slot canyon adventure,
        >but it just wasn't on our platter last weekend :-).
        >Bo
        >
        >--- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
        ><no_reply@...> wrote:
        > >

        > > Hi Bruce....
        > >
        > > You hike, but there is a slot canyon there that you can do. The 2
        > > guides in Springdale use it for training for people that ake their
        > > classes. Hiking Canaan Mountain is without a doubt one of the best
        > > HIKES anywhere! (not the slot.. the hike through Water Canyon and
        >up to
        > > Canaan Mountain and out Eagle Crags.)
        > >
        > > Bo has the trip report done, just now!
        > >
        > > http://www.zionnational-park.com/water-canyon-arch.htm
        > > <http://www.zionnational-park.com/water-canyon-arch.htm>
        > >

        > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce silliman"
        > > <weabruce@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Did you walk down water canyon or rappel?
        > > >
        > > > bruce from bryce

        Get the latest Windows Live Messenger 8.1 Beta version.�Join now.
        http://ideas.live.com