Canaan Mountain

  • garyclaytonpalmer
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 6, 2006
      I see the Vermillion cliffs in the map. Where is Canaan Mtn at or
      nearby to?
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 7, 2006

        Hilldale -- thats where you start the hike.

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "garyclaytonpalmer" <garyclaytonpalmer@...> wrote:

        > I see the Vermillion cliffs in the map. Where is Canaan Mtn at or
        > nearby to?

      • Ralph & Sharon Whittle
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007

          We hiked up Water Canyon and then over to the White Domes last Tuesday.  The weather was beautiful, I hiked in a t-shirt the entire way.  We had intended on doing the entire day hike to the Windless, but we got a late start and didn’t want to return in the dark; so we stopped at the Domes.  The weather in and around Zion is simply great now and it looks like it will remain that way until mid-month.

          Hurricane 11-5-09 011.JPG

        • S S
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007

            My husband just got back from hiking Angel's Landing this afternoon and reported seeing 3 California Condors sleeping in a very large pine tree.  We have seen quite a bit of wildlife in the park the last month.

            Sheila
          • bruce silliman
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 9, 2007
              I believe I can confirm at least one condor on the East Side just above the short tunnel where we were having our training.  Very high in the sky but with that wingspand it definitely a condor.

              bruce from bryce

              To: zion_national_park_hiking@yahoogroups.com
              From: goldthreads@...
              Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2007 19:19:19 -0700