Re: Buckskin Gulch

  • Janette
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 5, 2006
      We dayhiked Buckskin out and back from the Coyote Buttes parking lot
      on Memorial weekend. Only got a couple of miles in but as far as we
      went was mainly dry with only a couple of knee deep pools to cross.
      Not sure if there has been any rain there since that would change
      conditions.

      Have a great trip.

      HUGS - J

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Mark"
      <litlbear@...> wrote:

      > Steve, Brady and I are doing a "stupid hike" (Bo's term for anything
      > over 20 miles) in a couple of days: Wirepass to Whitehouse. Last time
      > I did it, it was mostly dry to the confluence. Just wondering if
      > anyone on the group has been through lately. I'm guessing it is
      > probably fairly dry again- one can only hope. When that place gets
      > muddy, it doesn't mess around. Any recent beta on the Buckskin will
      be
      > appreciadoed.
      >
      > Mark (the other Mallory)
      >
      > ps- I think a great warm up for the Far Fest would be Wirepass to
      > Wirepass. That I haven't done. But seriously considering it.

    • adkramoo
      Message 35 of 35 , May 11, 2009
        A whole thread on it on the canyons yahoo group. This is one of the posts

        Did this yesterday. There are about 15 pools of thick/sticky mud
        that you have to pass through. They range from ankle to mid-thigh in
        depth and 6-20' in length. They are all above the rock fall that you
        need to down climb. The only filterable water is from the spring in
        the lower section near the confluence with Paria.
        Jim