Buckskin Gulch

  • Mark
    Message 1 of 35 , Jul 4, 2006
      Steve, Brady and I are doing a "stupid hike" (Bo's term for anything
      over 20 miles) in a couple of days: Wirepass to Whitehouse. Last time
      I did it, it was mostly dry to the confluence. Just wondering if
      anyone on the group has been through lately. I'm guessing it is
      probably fairly dry again- one can only hope. When that place gets
      muddy, it doesn't mess around. Any recent beta on the Buckskin will be
      appreciadoed.

      Mark (the other Mallory)

      ps- I think a great warm up for the Far Fest would be Wirepass to
      Wirepass. That I haven't done. But seriously considering it.
    • adkramoo
      Message 35 of 35 , May 11, 2009
        A whole thread on it on the canyons yahoo group. This is one of the posts

        Did this yesterday. There are about 15 pools of thick/sticky mud
        that you have to pass through. They range from ankle to mid-thigh in
        depth and 6-20' in length. They are all above the rock fall that you
        need to down climb. The only filterable water is from the spring in
        the lower section near the confluence with Paria.
        Jim