Re: Wireless Access

  • gootwan
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2006
      Reid,
      The Pioneer Lodge in Springdale has an internet cafe. I didn't use it
      for internet but I did go in to buy a smoothie (very good, btw) and
      there were people in there on their laptops.

      Jordan

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, W Reid White
      <TarHeel.Canyoneer@...> wrote:

      > Howdy folks,
      >
      > Anyone know of wireless access points in or near Cedar City,
      Springdale
      > and Mount Carmel Junction?
      >
      > Thanks,
      > Reid

    • Stan McQueen
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
        I am currently staying at the Zion Park Motel, across from the Pizza&Noodle. The Pioneer Lodge, just up the street, has an internet cafe. You can use one of their computers for 25 minutes for 2.50 or, for a purchase of $2.99, you can bring in your laptop and use their wireless for an "unlimited" time. My dialup access had expired, so I went over there yesterday to use their computer to re-up so I could use my laptop in the motel. Several motels also advertise wireless, but I expect you have to stay there to get it.

        I did Keyhole yesterday. The water is still fairly cold, but there isn't much of it. It was about waist deep in the pothole below the first rap. Other than that it was mostly ankle deep at most, except for the final swim, which was briefly about chest deep. I left my wetsuit in my pack and wished I had left it in the car. The water really stinks, though, especially in the upper portion (before the first rap). In there, it smelled like an outhouse. Luckily the water there is only ankle deep or so. I met four hikers coming out of the upper canyon after they had entered it in the middle and upclimbed through the upper part. I met them coming out as I was climbing down from the hoodoo pass. Other than that, I saw no one, but I did see some wet bootprints in the lower canyon, so someone had gone through not too much before I came along.

        Stan
        =======================
        Photography by Stan McQueen
        http://www.smcqueen.com

           Anyone know of wireless access points in or near Cedar City, Springdale and Mount Carmel Junction?

           Thanks,
           Reid

      • W Reid White
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
          Howdy,

             Thanks Stan and Jordan for the info.  Very helpful.

             Happy Trails,
             Reid