RE: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Wireless Access

  • W Reid White
    Message 1 of 13 , Jul 1, 2006
      Howdy Len,

         Thanks!

         Happy Trails,
         Reid

      From: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com [mailto:Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Len Rugen
      Sent: Saturday, 2006 July 01 15:51
      To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Wireless Access

      There is a comercial campground in Springdale that has wireless.  They have a hotel also.  Our campsite was on the river and was out of range, so I went to their laundrymat.  I think I saw a cafe that had a wireless sign further away from the park entrance.  I didn't try them.  They are near the icecream shop.

      Len Rugen

    • gootwan
      Message 2 of 13 , Jul 1, 2006
        Reid,
        The Pioneer Lodge in Springdale has an internet cafe. I didn't use it
        for internet but I did go in to buy a smoothie (very good, btw) and
        there were people in there on their laptops.

        Jordan

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, W Reid White
        <TarHeel.Canyoneer@...> wrote:

        > Howdy folks,
        >
        > Anyone know of wireless access points in or near Cedar City,
        Springdale
        > and Mount Carmel Junction?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Reid

      • Stan McQueen
        Message 3 of 13 , Jul 2, 2006
          I am currently staying at the Zion Park Motel, across from the Pizza&Noodle. The Pioneer Lodge, just up the street, has an internet cafe. You can use one of their computers for 25 minutes for 2.50 or, for a purchase of $2.99, you can bring in your laptop and use their wireless for an "unlimited" time. My dialup access had expired, so I went over there yesterday to use their computer to re-up so I could use my laptop in the motel. Several motels also advertise wireless, but I expect you have to stay there to get it.

          I did Keyhole yesterday. The water is still fairly cold, but there isn't much of it. It was about waist deep in the pothole below the first rap. Other than that it was mostly ankle deep at most, except for the final swim, which was briefly about chest deep. I left my wetsuit in my pack and wished I had left it in the car. The water really stinks, though, especially in the upper portion (before the first rap). In there, it smelled like an outhouse. Luckily the water there is only ankle deep or so. I met four hikers coming out of the upper canyon after they had entered it in the middle and upclimbed through the upper part. I met them coming out as I was climbing down from the hoodoo pass. Other than that, I saw no one, but I did see some wet bootprints in the lower canyon, so someone had gone through not too much before I came along.

          Stan
          Photography by Stan McQueen
          http://www.smcqueen.com

          Message 4 of 13 , Jul 3, 2006
            Howdy,

               Thanks Stan and Jordan for the info.  Very helpful.

               Happy Trails,
               Reid