Re: His and Prehistoric Day

  • adkramoo
    Message 1 of 72 , Mar 3, 2006
      What a great day! Thanx for the TR. This working stiff needed that!
      Glad someone is out! Sounds like the health is improving.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
      <no_reply@...> wrote:

      > Started the day meeting my hiking partner at Kanab BLM with the
      goal
      > of seeing the Historic event of The Calif Condor release at
      > Vermillion Cliffs. Was able to acquire a same day walkin permit to
      > the Wave while at BLM. Got to the release site with 30 minutes to
      > spare....got permission to hike closer than the mile and half
      > viewpoint so Tanya and I headed the 1 1/4 miles to the base of the
      > cliff and got under the release cliff for a closer view. Maybe
      within
      > 1/4 mile "the way a condor flies".....what a cool event....hope we
      > got some good shots? Time will tell.
      >
      > Headed back, hopped in the truck and drove the 20 or so miles to
      Wire
      > Pass and started hiking at 1:30 to find the dino tracks. I ran
      across
      > the wash to the wave to get a quick GPS mark then rejoined Tanya
      on
      > the north side of the wash who was busily hunting some dino
      tracks.
      > We scoured and spent the next 2.5 miles going high and low then
      High

    • henk.auwema@attglobal.net
      Message 72 of 72 , May 29, 2006
        luvs_to_hike wrote:

        > The cookies from your country are outstanding!
        They have got to be high caloric.

        The rinner ones are best when warm. Maby a few
        seconds in a microwave.
        You're right. Very high in caloric. Save one for
        Bo too :-)

        Henk