Happy New Year

  • garyclaytonpalmer
    Message 1 of 11 , Dec 31, 2005
      Heres to everyone having a good new year!
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 1, 2006
        I hope everyone survived last night. Best wishes for a New Year!

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "garyclaytonpalmer"
        <garyclaytonpalmer@y...> wrote:

        > Heres to everyone having a good new year!

      • bsilliman2001
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 1, 2006
          --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
          <no_reply@y...> wrote:

          > I hope everyone survived last night. Best wishes for a New Year!
          >
          > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "garyclaytonpalmer"
          > <garyclaytonpalmer@y...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Heres to everyone having a good new year!

          High winds and early eveing rain cancelled the fireworks on the stip
          but I'm sure that most of the drunk 250,000 people didn't mind. Nice
          day today -- in the 40s and will probably hit 60 this pm.

          Take the grandkids to lunch and arcade games this pm.

          Year Two of my canyoneering is beginning.

          bruce from bryce

        • garyclaytonpalmer
          Message 4 of 11 , Jan 1, 2006
            -You mean to say they shoot off fireworks at Bryce canyon?-- In
            Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bsilliman2001"

            Message 5 of 11 , Jan 1, 2006
              I am looking forward to starting the New Year off with (when its warm of course lol)

              Heaps Canyon, Eye of the Needle (Oak Creek) and Imlay!

              Then we want to explore some of the waterfalls, canyons and play on ropes on the east
              side of Zion. We checked out one day. The waterfall on the east side of the park that is
              seen from the highway. It was frozen solid in many places, but we stayed on the sides and
              stayed dry.

              We hiked up the slickrock, just past Hidden Gardens, and found a cool bowl with white
              hoodoos and a little peak that looks like the Tazmanian Devil with great views from the
              top. There was another peak too but it looked like too much to try today with the gear we
              had.

              Joe... It seems that many locals call Baby Arch - Twin Pine Arch. (although there are 5-6
              pines there now?) One man was not impressed with our trail description since he knew of
              it for years. I have it as Baby Arch, but we might want to mention the name its been called
              for years as well?

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bsilliman2001" <weabruce@h...>
              > High winds and early eveing rain cancelled the fireworks on the stip
              > but I'm sure that most of the drunk 250,000 people didn't mind. Nice
              > day today -- in the 40s and will probably hit 60 this pm.
              >
              > Take the grandkids to lunch and arcade games this pm.
              >
              > Year Two of my canyoneering is beginning.
              >
              > bruce from bryce

            • garyclaytonpalmer
              Message 6 of 11 , Dec 31, 2006
                Hope you all have a good New Year.
              • cgptsnaz
                Message 7 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
                  I hope everyone's new year is going well!
                  Message 8 of 11 , Jan 1, 2012
                    Happy New Year, Gary! Hope you're doing well. We're finally getting some cold and snow in Michigan, so I'm in snowboarding mode these days. Looking forward to playing in the white stuff as much as possible!

                    Message 9 of 11 , Jan 3, 2012
                      Hello Joe. I am in Tucson for the rest of the winter and am bicycling back to southern Utah in April. I hope to work back at the Thunderbird in Mt Carmel this summer. Have fun snowboarding!