Re: Anyone playing?

  • bomabro84738
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
      <adkramoo@a...> wrote:

      > Our hero's have been quiet today. They must be out playing. Did they
      > check out the winter wonderland of Bryce, with Bruce? Something in
      > Zion?

      Well...anyway...went up to the top of Moonlight Butress (the tourist
      way) yesterday to take pictures, and didnt get any real winners, so
      decided to find that Hidden Arch today (found it!). Not a lot of hiking
      this weekend but are getting ourselves set for winter wonderland hikes
      to come. Have lots of things to work on for the next week, but I'm sure
      that in coming weeks we should have some good tales! Winter wonderland
      In Bryce was 2 weekends ago! Not much snow then, but plenty of frigid
      winds and clear skies.

      Bo
    • adkramoo
      Message 2 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        decided to find that Hidden Arch today (found it!).

        Hidden Arch? It's hidden from me. Allowed to tell?
        Message 3 of 7 , Dec 4, 2005
          It's just the "Ron Kay" arch, that he named Hidden Arch. While parked at the Checkerboard
          Mesa parking lot you can actually see the outside ridge of it, but you have to hike a bit to
          see it from the side.

          Here is the trail report and photos. Bo is going to jazzy it up some with his directions and
          GPS coordinates soon. It would be a nice warmup run for you to get warmed up for the
          stuff you like to do. ;)

          http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-hidden-arch-trail.htm

          wrote:

          > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
          > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
          > decided to find that Hidden Arch today (found it!).
          >
          > Hidden Arch? It's hidden from me. Allowed to tell?

        • garyclaytonpalmer
          Message 4 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
            Again some awesome shots.
            I am planning to take off a couple weeks around January 21st and try
            to spend my 50th birthday in the Zion backcountry. I want to go into
            the Checkerboard trail into the Parunuweap back the way Paul and I
            hiked out in October. But I want to spend two weeks exploring the
            sandstone cliff country behind Checkboard mesa. And then come back
            out up the Virgin River thru the Barracks and walk back thru the
            Carmel Jct and to Mt Carmel.--- In
            Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
            <no_reply@y...> wrote:

            > It's just the "Ron Kay" arch, that he named Hidden Arch. While
            parked at the Checkerboard
            > Mesa parking lot you can actually see the outside ridge of it, but
            you have to hike a bit to
            > see it from the side.
            >
            > Here is the trail report and photos. Bo is going to jazzy it up
            some with his directions and
            > GPS coordinates soon. It would be a nice warmup run for you to
            get warmed up for the
            > stuff you like to do. ;)
            >
            > http://www.zionnational-park.com/zion-hidden-arch-trail.htm
            >
            > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "adkramoo"
            <adkramoo@a...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, bomabro84738
            > > <no_reply@y...> wrote:
            > > decided to find that Hidden Arch today (found it!).
            > >
            > > Hidden Arch? It's hidden from me. Allowed to tell?

          • luciantia
            Message 5 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
              Those photos were not taken yesterday were they?

              Gary, where did you start your hike before?

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "garyclaytonpalmer"
              <garyclaytonpalmer@y...> wrote:

              > Again some awesome shots.
              > I am planning to take off a couple weeks around January 21st and try
              > to spend my 50th birthday in the Zion backcountry. I want to go into
              > the Checkerboard trail into the Parunuweap back the way Paul and I
              > hiked out in October. But I want to spend two weeks exploring the
              > sandstone cliff country behind Checkboard mesa. And then come back
              > out up the Virgin River thru the Barracks and walk back thru the
              > Carmel Jct and to Mt Carmel.
            • garyclaytonpalmer
              Message 6 of 7 , Dec 5, 2005
                What shots were not taken day before yesterday? I shot the photos in
                the photos section on saturday.
                The hike we did was up the Riverwalk at the Temple Of Sinawava--- In
                Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luciantia <no_reply@y...>