Verticle Limit - on now! :)

    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
      FX on satellite --- Bo! Bet you are working. I know you wanted to see this one!

      Think its a climbing show. should be good
    • Shane B.
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
        >>Verticle Limit

        Vertical Limit a climbing show?!?!

        ....Hahaha... ROTFLMAO

        ....Good one.....

        Shane
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
          I missed the first part, but that's where the son has to cut his dad loose to save his sister
          right? I think I have seen this before. They are doing a lot of dying and snow climbing!

          I did not say it was a docmentary!... but a "show" ;)

          --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Shane B." <shane@s...> wrote:
          > >>Verticle Limit
          >
          > Vertical Limit a climbing show?!?!
          >
          > ....Hahaha... ROTFLMAO
          >
          > ....Good one.....
          >
          > Shane
        • Shane B.
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
            >>I did not say it was a docmentary!... but a "show" ;)

            Just messin' with ya.......Vertical Limit... I always like to think of it as
            climbings version of Days of Thunder........

            Ya know you can learn a lot by watching ESPN......

            Shane
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
              Ugh, I have seen this movie! (We snuck in, so I'm happy to say I
              didn't waste any hard-earned cash on this.) I think it's safe to say
              that Hollywood has gone out of its way to promote stupid climbing
              techniques like jumping out of helicopters and diving off of a cliff
              with your eyes closed and ice axes in hand, hoping that you might
              make it to the other side. I laughed out loud... ;)

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 1, 2005
                There is that part where the woman is hanging on the side of a snow cliff and she reaches
                over with some gadget that hooks to the snow. That seems odd? Is there really any thing
                like that?

                --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@c...> wrote:

                > Ugh, I have seen this movie! (We snuck in, so I'm happy to say I
                > didn't waste any hard-earned cash on this.) I think it's safe to say
                > that Hollywood has gone out of its way to promote stupid climbing
                > techniques like jumping out of helicopters and diving off of a cliff
                > with your eyes closed and ice axes in hand, hoping that you might
                > make it to the other side. I laughed out loud... ;)
              • Neil
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
                  I think Bat Man is still looking for that device. The Bat belt is
                  not complete w/out the ice grabbing tool. However, I think the
                  dynamic duo is still in litigation to reclaim the bolt gun Sly
                  Stalone stole from them and used in Cliffhanger. It's hard to
                  protect Gothem City when all these movie stars are running around
                  with your best crime fighting toys. I think Outdoor Outlet has a
                  bolt gun. Don't they use it to mark the climbing routes around St.
                  George? ;->

                  Neil

                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 2, 2005
                    That's what it looked like! A bat man tool ;)