West Rim?

  • David
    Message 1 of 44 , Feb 27, 2005
      Finally decided to post, after lurking in the background...My hiking
      partner posted several questions, as to our trip (18-25 May). After
      all the good advice, we have decided on the West Rim for at least an
      overnighter.

      Questions: Best way to run it? Out and Back? Any local shuttles
      available, outside the park?

      Did the West Rim/GC at this time last year and packed way to
      heavy...Any gear suggestions? I was trying to go light as possible.

      Thanks in advance, from two, grey headed (what's left of it), broken
      down old fireman, from Nashville, TN just wanting to experience a
      little of what yall (read: all of you) are doing everyday...dm
      Message 44 of 44 , Feb 28, 2005
        You will love it! Each time I take in that view, I am blown away.
        Really puts things into perspective as well. When you're down in the
        canyons, you can't really tell how tall and big the walls around you
        are. Views like this make you realize how small you are! :)