Re: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] ~*~Happy New Year~*~

  • Pittypatt@aol.com
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
      Mine is to get my husband to retire so that we can spend more time in the
      Southwest mainly Zion and Grand Canyon.

      Happy Trailing,

      Pat

      Pittypatt's Backcountry Travels
      http://www.backcountrytravels.com/

      Grand Canyon Hikers Backpackers Association
      http://www.gchba.org/

      Message 2 of 27 , Jan 1, 2005
        Hi Patricia! Long time no hear!

        I cannot think of 2 places that would be better! :)

        Message 3 of 27 , Jan 2, 2005
          Happy New Year group! My New Year's resolution is to sell as much
          junk on eBay as possible, so I can buy more backpacking and camera
          gear. There are some mucho cool and ultra expensive new digital
          SLR's that I have my eye on: the FujiFilm S3 Pro and the (soon-to-be-
          released) Nikon D2X. Only problem is that I have to sell a kidney to
          afford that kind of ware!

          Next on my list... stop spending so much time at work so I can do
          more hiking and exploring in Zion!

          P.S. Bo and Tanya: Adventure Jeep spent the New Year's in Times
          Square! He also drove through an abandonned iron mine on a cool hike
          in the mountains of upstate New York. I'll post some (off-topic) pix
          when I'm back home, I'm still on the road... -Joe
          Message 4 of 27 , Jan 2, 2005
            I got a New Years present! I got a message on my machine at work from Joe Sr. :)!

            Does this mean you did not get everything you wanted for Xmas? It sounds like you are
            having a fun holiday traveling!

            Message 5 of 27 , Jan 3, 2005
              Happy New Year Tanya! Yes, I really want a new camera, but I am
              practicing restraint. I'll probably wait a year for one of those
              expensive new toys to come down in price before I buy. They're
              always overpriced when they come out.

              We got a few days of warm 50 degrees up in the northeast, so it was
              a joy to be out hiking. New York has some fun mountains -- but I
              miss the canyons!!!!! :(

              --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike

              Message 6 of 27 , Jan 3, 2005
                Where you with your dad?

                The news keeps teasing us here in the canyons?!?!?!?!

                The reports say its going to be a MAJOR storm hitting and we wake up and there is a touch
                of snow on the mountains and an inch or so on the ground.. grrrrrr

                I am going to quit paying attention to them and plan to hike anyway! Last minute trips
                start late in the winter!

                A dream of mine would be to have all kinds of awesome cameras and a nice dark room. :)
                I think that will always be a dream --- even if I could round up the money I never leave the
                computer long enough to spend time in a dark room like I use to. ~laughing~