Re: Need for Lightweight Backpacking Suggestions

    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 1, 2004
      Oh! I was hoping you would post a summary of what you chose so I would not have to do
      any research for my shopping list! I just want to know exactly what to buy.... so Hank
      does not end up carrying all my stuff rim to rim. ~innocent smile~

      Dang! I need to start running those hills!

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Jan Taylor" <jhntaylor@a...> wrote:
      > Wow! I can't believe all of the great suggestions I've been getting.
      > I'm saving every
      > message in my e-mail file for reference. Being a gear junkie,
      > I've been checking out all
      > kinds of equipment from the recommendations I've gotten and have
      > already ordered a few
      > items. Here's what I've ordered:
      >
      > Tarptent Cloudburst w/ sewn in floor (slightly over 2 pounds)
      > AntiGravity 3-cup non-stick aluminum pot (3.8 ozs.)
      > MSR LiteLifter (1 oz. pot grabber)
      >
      > I had already ordered the Cat's Meow sleeping bag (2 lbs., 12 ozs.)
      > on sale from Campmor
      > for about $109 (such a deal!)
      >
      > I've got all the clothing layers I need from several years of GC
      > rafting trips and just need to
      > learn to pare down. I have both a closed cell pad and a 3/4
      > inflatable Thermarest pad. I'll
      > be saving the backpack for last. My preference is a pack with
      > various compartments since
      > I'm a compulsive organizer. I know this may not be the lightest
      > option, but it will keep me
      > sane. I've got lightweight titanium trekking poles already. I'll be
      > the most prepared
      > camper for my upcoming WTC class. I can't wait.
      >
      > You all are the greatest.
      >
      > Jan
    • hedtred
      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 31, 2004
        Thanks

        -bookworm-

        --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, luvs_to_hike
        <no_reply@y...> wrote:
        > Hello Bookworm
        >
        > Welcome to the Group :)
        >
        > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "hedtred"
        <hedtred@y...> wrote:
        > > Three bigges to consider:
        > >
        > > A light weight pack can really cut off a few pounds. Check out
        the
        > > one pound packs at http://www.lwgear.com/lwg.html
        > >
        > > Cook systems can also save a lot of weight. Look at the Zen
        Stoves