51242RE: Bridge Mountain Arch

  • hwstockman
    Feb 23, 2014
      Gary-- While the link below is for Bridge Mountain itself, not the arch, the route overlaps much of the way and the associated pictures show some of the terrain.. Getting between Gifford and Hepworth Washes is not easy -- -- you need to pay attention and follow very sparse cairns to avoid cliffing-out, and a few parts are not-very comfortable class 3, BEFORE. you hit the "climbing" area.  There is a lot of elevation gain and loss. The two times that I've been back there, I've seen fresh mountain lion tracks in the washes. That's one I wouldn't do alone.
      http://hwstock.org/bz/html/BrdgZion093007a.htm
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic