50805Re: East Fork Virgin River - flash flood rates?

  • tanya_o0o
    Jul 21, 2013
      The road leading to Red Hollow was a river the other day. It was great! Yes, kids have been tubing in the North Fork and they are not impressed with the water level. Their "butts are bruised!" ;)

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "TomJones" <ratagonia@...> wrote:

      > The storms hit where they hit. We had an hour of hard rain over here in Mt Carmel earlier this week, while the storms seem to have missed the North Fork drainage. So, yes, this is normal. Storms often hit very specific areas, and miss areas nearby.
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray" <glennlray@> wrote:
      > >
      > > I noticed that the East Fork Virgin River has peaked over 1000 cds in the past couple days while the North Fork seems relatively normal (only slightly higher rates near 40 cfs.
      > >
      > > Is this typical?
      > >
      > > -Glenn "Texan flatlander" Ray

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic