50803Re: East Fork Virgin River - flash flood rates?

  • Cliff
    Jul 20, 2013
      1000 cfs sounds high. When I check the gauge for the East Fork at Springdale, the highest I see is in the 150 to 160 cfs range.
      I have noticed that the websites, both for the Springdale station and especially the Glendale station seem to be having issues and are not updating very well.
      Cliff

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "cgptsnaz" <cgptsnaz@...> wrote:

      > I have noticed the East fork is constantly running heavy the last few weeks. very muddy also.
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "TomJones" <ratagonia@> wrote:
      > >
      > > The storms hit where they hit. We had an hour of hard rain over here in Mt Carmel earlier this week, while the storms seem to have missed the North Fork drainage. So, yes, this is normal. Storms often hit very specific areas, and miss areas nearby.
      > >
      > > Tom
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Glenn Ray" <glennlray@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I noticed that the East Fork Virgin River has peaked over 1000 cds in the past couple days while the North Fork seems relatively normal (only slightly higher rates near 40 cfs.
      > > >
      > > > Is this typical?
      > > >
      > > > -Glenn "Texan flatlander" Ray

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic