49897Re: Solar Eclipse over the USA

  • TDLphoto.com
    Feb 13, 2012
      First I would figure out where the sun is going to be in the sky at that particular point of day... I like this app that I use on my iPhone: http://www.lighttracapp.com/

      Once you find the sun's location and angle in the sky, then figure out what your background / foreground options are and then scout it out a few days prior to see if it is what you really want in your pictures?

      An example, do you want the whole canyon if it is in the evening, or if it is in midday, maybe you want to be on the canyon floor shooting up Angles Landing with the Eclipse in the background.

      Hope this helps some.

      Tim

      --
      Tim Lundin
      202.527.9069 (office) / 602.692.0079 (cell)

      http://TDLphoto.com - http://Twitter.com/TDLphoto - http://facebook.com/TDLphoto

      Recent work can be found at: http://photos.TDLphoto.com/recent.html

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Shaun" <trackrunner83@...> wrote:

      > up on the rim or drive to a better location outside of the park
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, cleo2323us no_reply@ wrote:
      > >
      > > What areas would anyone recommend to actually see the eclipse in or around the park? I've seen plenty of sunsets there but never been in a position to 'see' the sun.
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "RAM" <adkramoo@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > i know where i am going to be. Right on the line in a canyon. Check the map out
      > > >
      > > > http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-at-nasa/2012/27jan_annulareclipse/

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic