47134Re: Progeny Peak -- trip report, 360-degree panorama

  • jeff
    Oct 1, 2009
      Thanks, Ram, but dang I had plans. Just 3 nights in Springdale, November 6, 7, and 8. And the days all filled up with plans. And now thanks to you, JoeB, Mojave Ben, and yeah, why not, Courtney, too, now I gotta go do that hike somehow. Stimulus overrunus.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "RAM" <adkramoo@...> wrote:

      > Jeff, when I first climbed Progeny (late 80's), I traversed the slopes east of Ant hill and west of the West Twin AKA West Root Canal AKA the canyon west of Many Pools. It was a remarkable traverse on tiny ledges, on steep, but sloping slabs coming east off Ant Hill. When we were even with the col north of Ant hill we ascended via low 5th class slab to the notch. We descended the west side easily (class 3) and connected with the north east ridge (class 3-4?) of Progeny. We descended the south west slopes to the road for a nice tour.
      >
      > According to Courtney's book the route up from the road to intersecting my route between The col north of Ant and the NE ridge of Progeny offers little in the way of obstacles and is 0.75 miles long.
      > Ram

    • Show all 25 messages in this topic