46327Re: Looking for non-tech unmarked trails

  • jeff branin
    Dec 2, 2008
      Good ol' 6537X. I suppose that outlier would have to be considered
      part of Crazy Quilt Mesa although it's probably a couple hundred
      lower than the true mesa top. Online, I could only find the ZNP
      regulations referring to the mesa as Crazy Quilt. Ron Kay in his
      guide simply refers to the mesa as Quilt. And from a local hiking
      group's schedule:

      March 31, 2007 Quilt Mesa to Checkerboard Mesa. Meet at the BLM at
      8:30 am or the Chevron station in La Verkin at 9:00 am. A trailless
      hike on the eastern side of Zion, exploring Quilt Mesa, south of
      Checkerboard, and circling around to the peerless views of
      Checkerboard.

      I suppose if you're just gonna hike around the base, it's Quilt Mesa;
      if you're gonna climb up, it's Crazy Quilt Mesa. Whatever, it's a
      great day spent.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "JoeB" <joe@...>
      wrote:

      > Hey Jeff - Ha ha, yes, that hike is a fun one and the silly name
      > seems appropriate. About the "P" -- I was trying to be subtle, but
      > may have been a bit too obscure. I'm glad you got it... :) You have
      > me now wanting to explore up the 6537x drainage the next time I'm
      > back... -Joe

    • Show all 31 messages in this topic