45727Re: Kayak: Zion Narrows Trip!

  • Bo
    Jun 3, 2008
      140 would be pretty rugged! Even 150 is questionable. I did the
      actual Narrows somewhere around 170 and it was boney.
      I am just suggesting 150 because of what I remembered. I have no
      problem with 140, but I certainly wouldn't be applying for a permit
      at that level.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones"
      <ratagonia@...> wrote:

      > I'm just quoting the PUBLISHED policy. The ACTUAL policy may be
      > quite different.
      >
      > (but don't call me a cynic...)
      >
      > Tom
      >
      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bo" <bbeck@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > In excess of 150cfs for the last 24 hours I believe Tom?
      > >
      > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones"
      > > <ratagonia@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Watercraft
      > > > All watercraft use in the park requires a
      > > > backcountry permit. Permits are issued
      > > > when the river is fl owing in excess of 140
      > > > cubic feet per second. Inner tubes are not
      > > > permitted at any time on any watercourse in
      > > > the park.
      > > >
      > > > (from the Zion Park Planner, Summer 2008)
      > > > http://tinyurl.com/5nvnht
      > > >
      > > > Tom
      > > >

      > > > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "sdavis6x6"

      > no "any"