      To: Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com
      From: bomabro84738@...
      Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 14:17:33 +0000
      Subject: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Homepage photo

      Yes Henk, Wire Pass whether hiking to Buckskin Gulch or to North
      Coyote Buttes Special Permit Area are "Fee" areas. There is a
      register box just off the road and parking area that allows you to
      register for day use in Wire Pass/Buckskin "Paria Canyon/Vermillion
      Cliffs Wilderness" for $5. No overnight permits though; those have
      to be acquired online or at either the Paria Contact Station or at
      Kanab BLM Field office. Permits for the "Wave" (North Coyote Buttes
      Special Permit Area) are much different though as you know.

      From the information I recieved, Steamboat Rock and Cobra Arch are
      not within permit/fee areas? I need to call and see if this has
      changed since our last outing.

      Thanks Henk.

      --- In Zion_National_ Park_Hiking@ yahoogroups. com, Henk
      <henk.auwema@ ...> wrote:
      > Bo,
      > the only thing I see that is different is that I hiked in from
      > Probably that lies in the permit fee area. I went to the ranger
      > station next day and they told me it was in the fee area.
      > I'm talking about may 2007.
      > Henk
      > Bo wrote:
      > > Henk, when we hiked both Steamboat Rock and Cobra Arch I made
      sure to
      > > call BLM (St. George and Kanab) and ask if a permit was needed.
      > > times the answer was no.
      > >
      > > We had to access Steamboat Rock through the South Coyote Buttes
      > > Special Permit Area gate and were told as long as we turned
      right and
      > > away from Cottonwood Springs and the South Teepees that we would
      > > need a permit.
      > >
      > > There is a register box at the trailhead for Cobra Arch and it
      > > nothing written about needing a permit.
      > >
      > > I guess that it would be best to call BLM at Kanab Field Office
      > > to heading out to either of these places, as I know that rules
      > > change?
      > >
      > > Bo

      Helping your favorite cause is as easy as instant messaging.  You IM, we give. Learn more.
    • Show all 29 messages in this topic