44968Re: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Homepage photo

  • Henk
    Jan 18, 2008

      Bo,

      the only thing I see that is different is that I hiked in from wirepass.
      Probably that lies in the permit fee area. I went to the ranger
      station next day and they told me it was in the fee area.
      I'm talking about may 2007.

      Henk

      Bo wrote:

      Henk, when we hiked both Steamboat Rock and Cobra Arch I made sure to
      call BLM (St. George and Kanab) and ask if a permit was needed. Both
      times the answer was no.

      We had to access Steamboat Rock through the South Coyote Buttes
      Special Permit Area gate and were told as long as we turned right and
      away from Cottonwood Springs and the South Teepees that we would not
      need a permit.

      There is a register box at the trailhead for Cobra Arch and it has
      nothing written about needing a permit.

      I guess that it would be best to call BLM at Kanab Field Office prior
      to heading out to either of these places, as I know that rules can
      change?

      Bo

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic