44966Re: [Zion_National_Park_Hiking] Re: Homepage photo

  • Henk
    Jan 18, 2008
      I'm not sure if cobra arch is the the paria canyon wilderness area,
      but if it is you need a day use permit.
      Can't find the map of the wilderness area on the BLM site.
      When I hiked to steamboat rock from the wirepass trailhead
      I didn't purchase a permit at the registerbox for the paria canyon as
      I was under the impression I didn't need one.
      I left a note on my windshield that I had left for steamboat rock.
      When I returned from my hike in the eveening I found a writing
      that I had to pay the day use permit fee for the paria canyon wilderness area.

      Henk

      luvs_to_hike wrote:

      Cobra Arch does not need a permit.

      I think the permits are $5, yes.  If you are just doing a day hike through Buckskin permit are hassle free.  You can just get one at the trailhead at the self help station.

      http://www.zionnati onal-park. com/coyote- buttes.htm

      --- In Zion_National_ Park_Hiking@ yahoogroups. com, "Gary Clayton Palmer" <claytongarypalmer@ ...> wrote:

      > Thanks tanya, a friend and I may be down that way in May to hike the
      > areas of the Paria and Buckskin. I have never made it to the wave.
      > Are the permits to there also $5? And did you say the area above the
      > buckskin and paria don't need permits like to Cobra arch

    • Show all 29 messages in this topic