43556Re: Information about backpacking zion

  • Christian
    Jul 2 6:38 PM
      As of last friday (the 28th)Potato Hollow was unusable, with just a
      slight wet area. The west rim spring was flowing enough that we were
      able to filter over 8 liters of water.

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Tom Jones"
      <ratagonia@...> wrote:

      > --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "Bo" <bbeck@>
      > wrote:
      > >
      > > From West Rim Trailhead at Lava Point the next water source is
      > > at Potato Hollow on the trail (4 miles), then once again at the
      West
      > > Rim Spring (another 2.5 miles, I wouldn't count on it as being
      > > totally reliable!). This will be the last water source until the
      > > main canyon at the Grotto. Total distance from Lee Pass until the
      > > Grotto....38 miles.
      > > Have fun!
      > >
      > Latest reports are that Potato Hollow is essentially dry and
      unusable;
      > while the West Rim Spring continues to maintain a small trickle of
      > pumpable water. Don't know about the one up near the West Rim
      > Trailhead (Stave Spring?).
      >
      > Tom

    • Show all 13 messages in this topic