39611Re: Technical Question

    May 1, 2006
      On long hikes, sometimes I hate having to shoot a beautiful spot
      during the dead hours (roughly 11am to 3pm). Late afternoon is always
      the most beautiful (and early morning is beautiful in some cases). And
      I often wind up hiking out in the dark because I wanted to get some
      cool sunset shot in the middle of nowhere.

      Fall is the BEST because you get all of that wonderful warm angled
      light throughout the day! Now, I'm still trying to figure out how to
      take all of my good photo gear into the tech canyons without killing
      them or annoying my partners with how slow I am! :)

      --- In Zion_National_Park_Hiking@yahoogroups.com, "bruce silliman"
      <weabruce@...> wrote:
      > And a thanks to you also Steve. The best picture I posted, the one
      of the
      > formations from the car was at about 3pm so it was a nicer photo.
      > I need to start taking time to think these things out prior to the
      shot. If
      > I can get it down outside with full light then I can work on
      shooting in
      > canyons, which is a whole new ball game.
      > bruce from bruce
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic