geocites web sites

  • glenbora65
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 20, 2002
      hey, is there anyway to get around that super crappy editor they give
      you with the free Geocites web sites?? I hate how there's only a few
      fonts you can use, and so many other limitations. blah

      *~*~*Kristin*~*~*
    • egospark1@juno.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 20, 2002
        Kristin:

        There's a site called webmonkeys which has a lot of HTML basic info
        about font size, placement of images etc. It's fairly handy.

        I found it works best to write the article and then save it as an HTML
        file
        as mentioned earlier. You'll still most likely have to go back over and
        fix
        some code though, as whenever I upload onto geocities it comes upon a
        dark grey background that I have to change back to white. The color
        codes for
        HTML are also given on webmonkey.

        I'm hardly skilled at HTML as my website shows, but then the cut and
        paste look
        of it I sort of like. Check it out!

        Grant Schreiber

        Visit The Cat Dragged Inn http://www.geocities.com/egospark
        for the latest info on JUDAS GOAT QUARTERLY;
        "America's Best Second-Rate Bathroom Reader!"
      • Charlotte
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 21, 2002
          yeah, write the html in notepad, save it as a html file and upload it to the server.  Hope this helps!!

          Charlotte.

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 21, 2002
            > hey, is there anyway to get around that super crappy editor they give
            > you with the free Geocites web sites?? I hate how there's only a few
            > fonts you can use, and so many other limitations. blah
            >
            > *~*~*Kristin*~*~*

            You can always learn HTML and do it yerself or you can use another HTML
            editor, like dreamweaver or golive. If you can't get one of those use
            Netscape Communicator, such has an amazingly full featured HTML editor
            considering that it's free.

            However that font problem is more a problem of the web in general. There are
            really only about 4 or 5 fonts that are really safe to use on the web,
            because those are the only fonts that you can be fairly certain that
            everyone has. I mean you can code in whatever font you want but, unless the
            user has that font installed on the other end, they'll only see it in their
            browsers default font--like times or something. If you want to use something
            funky you can always make it into a gif image and put it in that way. That¹s
            how most people do it.

            --
            William S. Streeter
            Bill@...
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 21, 2002
              Thanks everyone! I'm not terribly literate in the field of HTML,
              seems like whenever I make an attempt at writing code it never comes
              out. Ah, well. WhenI get a chance to fool around with my web page,
              I'll let cha know. I'm curious, how the hell do you make web pages on
              Microsoft Word?? Hmmmm....

              *~*~*Kristin*~~**~

              --- In ZinePub@y..., "Charlotte" <neongirl@e...> wrote:
              > yeah, write the html in notepad, save it as a html file and upload
              it to the server. Hope this helps!!

              > Charlotte.
              >
              > Milhous: We got to spread this stuff around, lets put it on the
              Internet

              > Bart: No, we have to reach people whose opinions actually matter

              Service.