The Tranny Roadshow needs YOUR help!

  • tranny road show
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 11, 2005

      Hello friends and fans of The Tranny Roadshow!

      This e-mail brings good news and bad news...

      THE BAD NEWS:

      Last Wednesday, our tour van died. It was quite an adventure, since it happened in the middle of nowhere in northern California. Four of us were stuck in Clear Lake, CA, for the night, and we missed our Santa Rosa show, but the problem here is largely a financial one.  We can't afford to buy a new vehicle. A series of rental cars and lots of innovation and stress have gotten us to San Diego, where the tour is still carrying on, but a more permanent solution needs to be found soon.

      WE NEED YOUR HELP!

      The big stuff:

      * Do you or anyone you know have a van that you can donate or sell (cheaply) to the Roadshow?

      * Can you help with long-distance rides for performers in your region? (This is mainly for folks in the southwest - by the time we get back to the east, we'll have to have a vehicle of some sort)

      The stuff everyone can do:

      * Host a fundraiser for the roadshow. Invite friends to your house for a pot-luck, dance party, community discussion, punk show, game night, or whatever else sounds fun.

      * Pitch in a few bucks.  Anything will help - from $1 to $100. If everyone on the list sends us $5, we'll easily recover from our emergency expenses (rental cars, greyhound tickets, extra plane tickets, shipping merchandise, etc).

      * All donations (personal or from fundraisers) can be sent c/o D. Jamez Terry / 108 Rte 30 / Newfane VT 05345 (checks and money orders may be made out to Kelly Costello or D. Jamez Terry).

      AND NOW THE GOOD NEWS:

      The Roadshow itself is fabulous. We've worked with incredibly talented artists, performed in a lot of cool spaces, and interacted with so many different communities.  The conversations generated by the show have been amazing and much needed.  Folks have been bringing a lot of enthusiasm to the shows, and we're doing our best to give that back. Every show just gets better and better. This tour is important and its fun.  We see

      That every day, and we're doing our best to keep going since lots of folks around the country are still anticipating our arrival.

      Right now, we need all the community and individual support you can offer, so please do what you can.  And thanks for getting us so far already!

      Love from the road,

       Jamez & Kelly

      * Please pass this message on to anyone who would be willing to help (e-mail your friends, post to Friendster, Livejournal, message boards, etc).

      Do you Yahoo!?